As a Manufacture Representative for several Forging Facilities Walker Services can provide a wide product service in forged products. We offer added value and save cost for our customers by offering a variety of secondary services in-house. Our material is available in air melt, vacuum degassed, vacuum carbon deoxidized, vacuum arc remelting, vacuum induction melted, electro-slag remelting and argon-oxygen decarbonized. Below lists Forging services available thru Walker Services Inc.
Why should I choose Forging?
Forging excels over casting, welding, torch cutting or machining bar stock or plate. It provides unsurpassed strength due to continuous directional grain flow. Compared to castings, it offers fewer defects and better response to heat treatment. More shapes and sizes and closer tolerances can be achieved with forgings than with steel bar stock or plate.
- Open die forgings from 1 lb. to 80,000 lbs.
- Rolled rings up to 60,000 lbs.
Wide Material Range:
- Carbon and High Manganese Steel
- 1015 to 1090
- Stainless Steels
- Aluminum Series
- Alloy Series
- Tools Steels
- Aircraft Quality
Open Die forgings:
- Rounds, flat, square and hex bars
- Rings, as large as 240”
- Hubs, single or double
- 100% Spectrochemical Analysis
- Rough turning and milling
- Deep-hole drilling and boring
- Torch cutting
- Saw cutting
- Heat treating
- Destructive testing and Level III non-destructive testing